Just a quick lising of things we can use for the rescue at this time to keep dogs safe and comfie.
I try to keep the list to things that are inexpensive... pre-used items in good shape are great! Some of our dogs get a bit destructive at times.
1. Blankets, comforters, towels . This will keep them warm in winter and provide a cushion in kennels.
2. Food, or gift certificates from Wal-mart, Chewy, Pet Smart, Amazon, and Petco.
3. Toys! Indestructable are the best ones, Nylabone, BullyMake etc. Their softer rubber ones for power chewers are great. I ask for these as even at 3 months old, my dane pup destroyed anything softer. No rawhide please as it is very difficult for dogs to digest. I do also like the rope toys, they are used only undersupervision, but are great for teething, chewing for dental care and playing tug with. Nylabone superchewers are destroyed in less than 5 min by some dogs. Including mine. LOL.
4. Treats of almost any type. Again, no rawhide even if made of small compressed parts. And I do not like anything made by Hartz as I have had issues with their products on several dogs.
5. Vitamins/ joint protection tablets.
6. Leashes and collars for large and x-large dogs. I do prefer Max and Neo on Amazon (or MaxandNeo.com
). They are reflective for the solid colors, and they have a buy one and they donate one to a rescue or shelter. You can even put your favorite in there to receive them.
That may be a long list, but if you have any questions on why we prefer specific items, please contact us. We are not trying to ask the moon, just what is best for our dogs.
And, some of you may be aware, some may not, of the special needs for giant breed dogs like Great Danes, Mastiffs of all sorts, Great Pyrenees, some breeds of shepherds, and even large sized Bully breeds. So, if I ask for specific types of things, it is to prevent injury or promote their best health. Most giant breeds grow over 2 ft in one year, often a bit more. Their dietary needs are a bit different, especially when puppies. Their protein needs are only about 24% and fat only about 12% compared to most other breeds.
Pics are of: Maverick, adopted with his best pal and brother, Goose. They now have a 100 acre playground! Daisy Mae is with 2 pigs, 2 other dogs, a rabbit and 3 hooman siblings in town. She walks next to the wild rabbits that are near the 3.5 ft fence. Last is Zena, with Bear just before he passed. She is now an ESA and service dog in training to a wonderful woman who is now a very happy person, and Zena is blooming under her love.
Links for :
Smile.Amazon/ch/83-4683348 This takes you directly to our charity site there, you just log in your account.https://www.maxandneo.com/pinkpawrescuesociety
This will allow you to order any of their products. This coupon in the link will not only give YOU 10% off, but will give our rescue 10% off any order we get that month as well. Use the code: pinkpawrescuesociety10
Thank you so much in advance for your generosity and encouragement.
Kim Reynolds, Director